Wood, laminate or parquet floors give a living room a special character but they also create specific acoustics. These acoustics can also have adverse consequences. Contact noise penetrates via the wooden floor, through the concrete floor and transmits throughout the entire building. Consequently, the high-heels of a resident or the sound of children playing marbles on the 5th floor can also be heard on the 2nd floor.
One solution is to use standard floor insulation; however, the disadvantage of this is the thickness of the insulation. Wooden floors in particular, which often have a minimum thickness of 16 mm, actually have no space for thick standard insulation to be used so the perfect solution is Isolgomma Sylwood.
Sylwood is an insulation mat that, at just 3 mm thick, provides more sound-proofing than the standards in the Building Decree. But Sylwood has even more benefits:
• Low-profile, which means that thresholds, doors, etc., do not need to be adjusted.
• Flexible, which means it’s easy to process.
• Easy to fit, can be bonded directly under the wooden floor or as part of a floating floor.
• Does not deform under high load, so the acoustic properties remain intact.
• Sustainable; made from 92% recycled SBR rubber.
Watch the Youtube movie:
View our product catalog for more technical details. You can also call us (tel.: +31 (0)23-5172424) or send us your questions via our contact page.